Stay Young

580102_4458684826073_61680263_n

“Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” ~Confucius

“He’s not ugly, you’re just looking with ugly eyes.” ~Friend’s daughter, age 4

“I knew who I was this morning, but I’ve changed a few times since then.” ~Alice in Wonderland

“As we grow old, the beauty steals inward.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

“When I’m too big for you to hold, I’ll hold you instead.” ~Ashlyn, age 5

“When people die, they’re up in the stars, they’re the shapes of stars.” ~Harrison, age 3

This entry was posted in Humor, Mitchellaneous, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Stay Young

1. Profound wisdom from children. Much to ponder here, Mitch! I especially like this post. Too bad WordPress doesn’t offer a “love” button. 🙂

2. bdeckard92 says:

O.k. Ashlyn’s quote made me tear up a little… and I work in a prison so. Luckily today is at the women’s prison.

3. pearlsbunch says:

Ya I’m agree with you this is very true. …if beauty in your thoughts in your than you can see the beauty of world.

4. atimetoshare.me says:

Out of the mouths of babes – extreme wisdom

5. Jay says:

I like the ugly eyes 😉

6. dawnlizjones says:

Thanks! copied to my kids!

7. “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” –Jesus, Matthew 18.3

I’m partial to Ashlyn’s quote as well. Reminds me of the classic children’s book, “Love You Forever,” by Robert Munsch. Sure to bring the reader to tears. Here’s another quote for your collection, Mitch, free of charge: “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” — Eleanor Roosevelt. (I like that one, too!)

9. juliamakl says:

“I know who I was this morning, but I’ve changed a few times since then” –

Yes, I love this. Constantly trying to be a better version of myself every day, changing, evolving.