It’s Tuesday. Go for it!

Out-Smart

“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”  ~Helen Keller

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to It’s Tuesday. Go for it!

1. It has taking me a lifetime to learn this, but it is getting more and more fun every day! Though I’m not ready to skydive yet (I have this thing about heights, lol), but I now love paddle-boarding and I’m ready to try skate-skiing! It’s just getting funner and funner! (Poor grammar, I know, but true!!! 😂) Anyway, THANK YOU for this truth and word of encouragement! Don’t think I’d skydive without a helmet though… not that I ever will! 🤔

2. I remember Helen Keller. She could not hear nor see. Yet, she was brilliant. We can quote her all day long and not get bored. What an amazing lady. Thanks for the reminder.

3. So very true – thank you. I plan to share this quote with my class tonight.

4. Yep. It’s taken me a long time to learn this, but ’tis true. I’m still not interested in skydiving.

5. Sandi Staton says:

Helen could see better than most of us!

6. Mitch
    Love the Helen Keller quote! I use that one a lot in advising people to take
    a new job or consider moving to a new city,
    Brad

Helen states the obvious that we often overlook: Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. (Not that I would go outside in a Category 4 hurricane. Avoidance and foolishness are two different things!)

8. jrusoloward says:

Brilliant and true! Or brilliant because it is true. It reminds me of one of my favorite Benjamin Franklin quotes: “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

9. So true.. we all need to be reminded of this… Thanks for sharing 😊

10. kutukamus says:

Gee, that little guy sure is smart. Good thing he can’t afford a breastplate. Still hope for us, I guess.

11. Aquileana says:

Excellent share… so true 💫🌟 Love & best wishes, dear Mitch!

12. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Be prepared. Pray up. Arm yourself O Mice and men! Get into the battle. Well said, my brother.

Gary