A Filmmaker’s Journal

burbankfilmfest

Major Award Nomination

We’ll be flying into Los Angeles tomorrow for the Burbank International Film Festival where the movie I wrote and directed Over-the-Rhine will receive its West Coast Premiere this Saturday, September 9. If you live in or near the Los Angeles area, drop by for the screening–and be sure to come up and introduce yourself!

We’ve been nominated for Best Faith-based Feature!  The Award Gala is the next night, so I’ll get to don my tux and show off my trophy wife Trudy (the biggest prize I ever won). We’ll also be schmoozing with distribution execs while we’re there, so your prayers and cheers (if you’re in the audience) are greatly encouraged!

For tickets, click here and scroll down to Over-the-Rhine.

OTR Poster

This entry was posted in Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. Congratulations! 🙂 It will air on TV?

2. maggiesmith205 says:

Congratulations! So happy for you! Will be cheering from here:-D

Blessings, Maggie Smith

3. ellie894 says:

Best wishes! Have a brilliant time with your lovely wife!

4. I just prayed and look forward ti an update.

5. Lucie says:

You are a blessing in our lives, Mitch….I’m with you, in thought and prayers….Enjoy the ride, my friend. ❤ (((Hugs))) Lucie

6. How absolutely fun for you and Trudy! Congratulations!!

7. I want you to make it, Mitch. Behind you all the way. Either way around, I find you to be a winner and know that God does as well. That is what counts.

8. Congratulations! So amazing!!

9. Way to go Mitch!! Your faith, fortitude, and creativity shine bright for all your readers (and viewership). Wishing you a joy filled night celebrating Over-the-Rhine. 🙌🙌

10. Congratulations! So excited for your big day!

11. Ann Coleman says:

Congratulations! How exciting!

12. ekurie says:

I can’t be there but will pray and cheer from over here (nc)! Good luck!

13. themomfred says:

Well, it is not to be ☹️ I bought a ticket and was greatly anticipating moseying over to Burbank to see your film, but alas, I have just been reminded that it is the same time as my daughter’s bridal shower, and of course that takes precedent I suppose 🤔 Yep, so I will give my ticket away and have to hear about t second hand……..drat

14. gpavants says:

Man! We have a trip on Saturday in Oceanside. LA is a couple of hours away from Menifee. I will be praying you have a great turn out. In Christ,

Gary

How fabulous to see the enthusiasm and success of Over the Rhine continue to grow! (I knew it would!!) Congratulations, Mitch! (Sorry about all the exclamation points again! Periods just won’t do!)

16. I am looking forward to hearing an update on the film premier. Good news?