Strangers in a Strange Land

Have you ever felt a sense of incompleteness, a longing for something beyond your earthly reach? ~The Wishing Map

o-LOST-IN-THOUGHT-570

“If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.” ~C.S. Lewis

“And Moses called his son Gershom (foreigner) for he said, ‘I have been a stranger in a strange land.'”~Exodus 2:22

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Strangers in a Strange Land

1. Ron Whited says:

Absolutely. I often find myself thinking that I do not belong here.

2. DebFarris says:

Yep, pretty regularly. 🙂

3. nancyehead says:

Is there a hard copy of The Wishing Map available for purchase?

4. @vapor_sage says:

It’s a gift from Him and can only be fulfilled by Him

5. Or from WS Merwin’s poem, Words From a Totem Animal:
    Send me out into another life
    lord because this one is growing faint
    I do not think it goes all the way

6. gerrymackrell says:

I too am in transition, and with God’s will a transformation is in the offing.

7. An interesting concept, Mitch. I’m buying into it. A good way to look at our stay here on earth

8. This is often my sense. I long to be in the heavenly realms with our glorious Bridegroom.

9. Our desires may feel obscure but following them is our only cure.

10. I often say, “This world is not my home…” because it truly is not. When we are born into God’s family, we become wanderers in a land that belongs to another. Simply put, we are no longer of this world. Every inward emptiness, every yearning I experience leads me back to the foot of the cross… where I find, time and time again, that the closest I ever feel to heaven is when I am before Him, on my knees in prayer,

11. gpavants says:

Mitch,

We are just a passin’ through.

Gary