Bumper Sticker Madness!

Bumper stickers have been around forever, but they were at their peak in the 80’s and 90’s. Here are some of my favorites:

I you love somethingLike “Imagine whirled peas” this snarky little gem skewers a popular quote.

Jesus is coming back“Jesus is coming back” stickers were everywhere for a while. I snorted an entire venti latte the first time I saw this one.

Help, HelpDon’t know why I like this one, I just do. Uh-oh, gotta go, they’re here!

NakedI watched half a dozen truckers crane their necks to peer down into this car before I noticed the bumper sticker.

No one understandsI don’t know who came up with this one, but I’m pretty sure it was a parent.

Beam me up“Beam me up, Scotty!” stickers were ubiquitous in the 80’s, so my old comedy act Mitch & Allen came up with this phrase (from our sketch “Star Trek: The Wrath of God”). It was such a hit that within a few months dozens of other sticker makers were duplicating it. Ah, well, plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery, right? Even now, 30 years later, Googling the phrase produces over a million results.

What are some of your favorite bumper stickers?

This entry was posted in Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Bumper Sticker Madness!

1. Mischenko says:

Haha, the first one. LOL! ❤

2. ekurie says:

This one’s kind of mean-spirited but I’ve never forgotten it: “I may be fat but you are ugly and I can lose weight” (made my Dad laugh anyway)

One I planned to have made when I commuted to work: “it’s not my fault you’re late so please back off & don’t tailgate”

• mitchteemley says:

Funny. Sounds like a variation on the old line (sometimes attributed to Winston Churchill), “I may be drunk, but I will be sober in the morning, whereas you will still be ugly.” I like your idea too!

3. VocareMentor says:

I got my degree in Art . . . Would you like fries with your order.

4. Put these on licensce plate frames.

I am doing what I’d rather be doing.

And on an RV

World’s Largest Suitcase

As I lived in, then traveled in for about three years.

5. dawnlizjones says:

A parody on “no nukes” and “save the whales’ : “Nuke the whales.”

6. Relax... says:

“My other car is a broom,” but I also liked, “Friends don’t let friends… vote Republican.”

7. “Who are all these kids and why are they calling me Mom?” 😂

8. Red Letters says:

The most common bumper sticker I see at the moment is “Mom’s Taxi Service” but my favourite is “Do you follow Jesus this closely?” I’m yet to see this but I might get one. Haha 😂

9. Paula says:

When I worked as a contractor for the government, we had a deaf lady in another department who was an inspiration to me. And the bumper sticker on her bright blue pickup said, “Don’t pray for a lighter load. Ask for a stronger back.” (What a testimony.)
    It’s not a bumper sticker, but I have written on the back passenger side window of my dented up, rusted out, 15-year-old van, “Don’t laugh. My treasure is in Heaven.” A silver Sharpie did the trick!

10. sniderjerry says:

How about this one, “I HATE BUMPER STICKERS”

11. Ellen says:

I had one in my back window of my pickup truck,
    “Lay Down, I Think I Love You”

12. Roos Ruse says:

When a dear friend drove a truck for a propane company I couldn’t resist making her a bumper sticker warning: “If you pass me you’ll be passing gas.”

13. Roos Ruse says: