I’ve received three award nominations: the One Lovely Blog Award, the Sunshine Blogger Award, and the Versatile Blogger Award! How to handle all this love? Answer: Gratefully accept all three at once! So, thank you, world, for my One Lovely, Versatile, Sunshiney Blogger Award!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog (see below)
- List the rules (this is them…they is this? no, that doesn’t sound right either)
- Display the award on your blog post (see above)
- Reveal seven facts about yourself (see below)
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know (see below-er)
My three awards came from two of my favorite bloggers, Iulia Halatz of Blog de companie, whose words and images perpetually intrigue me, and Mischenko of ReadRandtRock&Roll, whose passion for books, music, and movies matches my own. Visit them today!
Seven Facts (one of which may be fake)
- I’m a multi-hyphenate, a condition for which there is no known cure: writer-filmmaker-composer-musician-teacher-public speaker-hyphen abuser
- Bottom line: storyteller. If God were to suddenly Monty Pythonishly roll back the clouds and say, “No more hyphens, Mitch! Pick one thing!” it would be storyteller.
- I’m married to a wise and beautiful woman who has more common sense in either of her lovely earlobes than I have in my entire…whatever.
- Have two wonderful daughters who are awash in creativity and intelligence. Yes, I said “awash!” And they’re seriously cute, too.
- I have a birthmark on my scalp shaped like a Boeing 747 eating crab dip
- I worked in “the entertainment capitol of the world” for over a decade, but didn’t direct my first feature film until I moved to Cincinnati, Ohio. Hello, Cincywood!
- I drove an antique Porsche named “The Blue Max” until last year; now I drive an ordinary but acutely practical (for hauling film gear) Honda SUV called “Greyie” (after one of my first two cats, “Blackie” and “Greyie”–hey, I was 5 at the time)
- Pacific Paratrooper – World War II stories in-depth
- Flash 365 – Addictively strange stories and images
- Yelling Rosa – A talented male Laplander poet (bet that wasn’t your first guess)
- Psyche and Spirit – Psychological and spiritual insights
- Guilty Pleasure Love – Movie reviews with attitude
- Bonnywood Manor – Old pics with delightfully dubious accompanying stories
- Kevin Hotter – Photography and thoughts on life
- A Teacher’s Reflections – The title says it
- The Drabble – A blogsite dedicated to publishing creative writing submissions
- Ben’s Bitter Blog – Snarky people need love, too
- The Second-Rate Scientist – Smart, witty, sometimes profound reflections