The Beginning

Presentation1

Image | This entry was posted in Books, Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Beginning

1. Thats the cold hard truth which needs to be announced as it seems some have chosen to block it out.. I have to copy this one. Good Post-

2. That’s a sober thought, Mitch. Thanks to the concept of “grace,” and “repentance,” what might seem a damning prologue to us, might turn out to be a strength and an asset in the afterlife.

3. oneta hayes says:

Beautiful thought – or horrific. As you point ou,t it depends on the prologue.

4. nanciec13 says:

“I am unwritten….”

5. robertcday says:

I like that very much, Mitch. Seems to me that every second is a new prologue.
    Kindness – Robert.

6. Since I have been teaching the Bible to Muslims for the past seven years, I have often asked myself, “Would you be willing to do what you are asking them to do? Risk your life for your faith?” I thought long and hard about it, and decided yes, I would. Years ago, I used to ask for a quiet hour in which to die. I do not do that anymore. I pray that my death will have meaning.

7. The “prologue”, may be not a factor, if the belief of forgiveness is in play. Life is the Table of Content, to guide the Author.

• mitchteemley says:

I see that not everyone has interpreted the words as I intended them. By “Prologue” I mean not whether we have sinned, “for all sin and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23), but what we do with the forgiveness (and love) offered by the Author of Life.

• Like the rest of us, Mitch is doing some deep thinking and analysis about God’s over-all strategy for us. Both Prologue and Table of Contents could be applicable; so could “Rough-Draft.” Our mortal existence, compared to eternity, is a rough-draft written in pencil. The pencil has an eraser called “Grace.”

8. Anni Harry says:

Wow! Such a sobering thought… Thank you for sharing!

9. Pingback: Award: The Versatile Blogger Award – ReadRantRock&Roll

10. gerrymackrell says:

Making my intentions known provides the impetuous for a successful conclusion.

11. Roos Ruse says:

So true. Astounding image, Mitch.

12. Tho the only afterlife I expect is in the memories of those I have helped or hurt, I admire the concise eloquence of the words and the splendid bronze that illustrates them.