By Jupiter!

Two giant red spots made the news yesterday:

Slide1NASA’s spacecraft Juno captured the most prominent images yet of Jupiter’s famous red spot. Why the eruption causing Jupiter’s swirl has lasted for centuries is unknown.

Slide2Meanwhile, I captured the most prominent image yet of the not-so-famous red spot on my arm. The cause of this raging eruption–which by the grace of God, prescription drugs, and calamine lotion will soon end–is now known: Poison ivy!

My wife offered these words of awe when she saw the latest images of Jupiter: “How beautiful! I wish I could go there!”

My wife offered these words of awe when she saw the latest image of my arm: “How disgusting! Get away from me!”

What a wondrous universe we live in!

This entry was posted in Humor, Mitchellaneous and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to By Jupiter!

1. Haha! Funny post. Feel better dude!

2. just like my wife thinks the grandkids are cute when they pick their nose but if I do it…

3. Perhaps any living organisms on Jupiter would find your red spots awesome, Mitch….

4. Funny, thanks for the laugh.

5. Ah, yes, I see the resemblance now, by Jupiter. 😀

6. ellie894 says:

😂 good luck with your earthly red spot of horror!

7. notdonner says:

Ouch. Hope your arm gets healed more quickly. Has anyone (else) ever proposed that Jupiter’s complex storms might actually be just a giant “Lava Lamp” – to entertain God ? I saw one in a co-worker’s office recently and realized that 40 years after I first laid eyes on one, they are still popular with young people. Hmmm.

8. dawnlizjones says:

I think I would really love to be friends with your wife!

9. Ron Whited says:

I don’t know Mitch, but I think your wife really missed the boat on this one. I mean, how could she not see the resemblance?

10. Roos Ruse says:

So, are you still seeing red?

11. Wayne says:

Wives say the darndest things 😂😂!!

12. I understand your wife 🙂

13. I like your wife. lol That’s funny. 🙂

14. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Spot the spot, which is beautiful and which is not.

Don’t lose your sense of humor.

Thanks, Gary

15. cat9984 says:

Your wife is right. Your rash does not have the artistic appeal of, say, a developing bruise. 🙂

16. ekurie says:

You have my sympathy. My whole life poison ivy is the bane of summer.

17. meethiflyer says: