I’ve been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by Copious Morsels of Everything, whose title alone makes their blog site worth the visit, not to mention that they regularly quotes C. S. Lewis. What’s not to love?
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to introduce people to up-and-comers, and because, presumably, no one wants to meet down-and-goers (whatever they are). My task is simple: To tell you 7 Things About Me, and to introduce you to those Up-and-Comers.
7 Things About Me
- I’m an only child and founder of The International Association for Only Children Who Meet
Monthly WeeklyDaily to Talk About Themselves (also its only member).
- I have ADD and am founder of People With ADD United to–Hey Look at That!
- I’m a writer, filmmaker, composer… My high school career counselor looked at my SATs and said, “Go into any of the arts–just stay away from math.”
- I was born in Whittier, California, the town Richard Nixon was from, but never plan to be President, so, by golly, you won’t have me to kick around anymore!
- I did childhood in Downey, California, the town The Carpenters were from, and later sang in a choir with them, two of the most talented (and shy) people I’ve ever met.
- My rock group, The Daily Planet, once beat Steven Seagal‘s group in a battle of the bands (we were both in high school at the time). Take that, Steve! Hi-yah!
- I once visited my uncle Frank, a photographer at Disney Studios, while he was shooting a movie called Tron, and thought, “Hmm, computer animation? That might just work.”
(Chosen from among my newer blog buds)
The Film Fanatic – Thoughtful movie talk
irinaaleksandrova – Penetrating (and sometimes R-rated) poetry
Home with Peanut – Warm and witty words about dadding (parenting)
Strength in Our Stories – Hope and encouragement in times of trial
Faith Over Fear – Overcoming anxiety
Alex’s Planet in Pictures – Beautiful nature photography
W.I.P. – Always Improving – Teen artist Spencer Ray’s art and pop culture site
Blog de Companie – Bi-lingual poetic and literary reflections by Iulia Halatz
Sober Thought – Reflections of a recovering alcoholic
Live 4 Him – Warts-and-all spiritual discussions