Plan for the Year

Now that we’re near the halfway point, how’s your Plan for the Year going?

file

“The best laid schemes o’ mice and men, go oft astray.”  ~Robert Burns

“Life is what happens while we’re busy making other plans.”  ~John Lennon

“If you want to make God smile, tell him about your plans.”  ~Vin Scully

“Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.”  ~Henry David Thoreau

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Plan for the Year

1. Ha! 🙂
    Wait…is there supposed to be a plan? I thought we were just winging it? Improve, perhaps?

2. ekurie says:

Ha! Mine is more the “life is what happens…..” one. Unplanned move coming up next week.

3. Forrest Pasky says:

awesome 🙂

4. Great post, Mitch. I especially like that last quote… Been thinking a LOT about running the race GOD had for ‘me’ and keeping my eyes on the prize! Can’t look back when we’re doing that, right? I probably enjoy your posts so much because they give good cause to think… and painful though it be at times…think we must! 😂

5. oneta hayes says:

My favorite #4 Thoreau.

6. BelleUnruh says:

My plan this year (or day) is to enjoy my life with God, be positive and do my job (looking after my mom and husband) well. This year has been going very well.

7. gpavants says:

Yep. Lord guide us.

8. Rick says:

My plan for the rest of the year…..mid year resolution is to figure out how we got here so fast and check tomorrow to see if the ” big box ” retail stores have started to put out the holiday merchandise! And our song for tonight? Every one, please join me in singing ” It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Great post! Thank you and happy mid year !

Thanks for not giving us a lecture about the lack of progress toward 2017 goals. I like Quote #3–a good reminder that Someone much smarter than I am is in control of my life. Hallelujah!

10. Anne J. says:

I was going to attend a goal-setting early in the year. I was going to plan. But, I realized something: The best thing is to know what I’m passionate about, what I really want and/or where I want to go. Then, plans and/or goals are not prerequisites to getting to the life I want, one with peace and joy. So cliche I know but it rings true for me. Plans and goals help but I think even just the right heart, and with enough passion, I’ll get there. I’m probably there. 🙂 It’s a wonderful surprise, too.