Because I’m Right!

bigstockphoto_businessman_pointing_finger_3447875

I dislike you for the same reason I dislike Former Me and Future Me–because they disagree with Current Me!

lfv-finger-pointing-down

“Civility costs nothing, and buys everything.” ~Mary Wortley Montagu

“If we lose love and respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” ~Maya Angelou

“To be united is great, but to respect the right to be different is even greater.” ~Bono

“Let us pardon reciprocally each other’s folly – that is the first law of nature.” ~Voltaire

“With all humility, gentleness, and patience–tolerate one another in love.” ~Ephesians 4:2

“When you plan a tower that will pierce the clouds, first lay the foundation of humility.” ~Saint Augustine

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Because I’m Right!

1. “When you plan a tower that will pierce the clouds, first lay the foundation of humility.” ~Saint Augustine
    My all-time favorite 😊

2. notdonner says:

My all-time favorite retort from my coming to Christ, ” I’m the most humble person here!” When we study humility, this receives chuckles all around.
    I get in trouble when im being arrogant: Psalm 18:27.

3. M.G. Daniel says:

I have a question. I have been wondering for a long time if our constant navel gazing analysis of ourselves and each other and our ‘diversity’ has been making us more aware of supposed group differences and making us more disdainful of each other – vs say, an approach that focuses on the things we all want as decent human beings and how to be polite and civil. I dunno, just been thinking.

4. gerrymackrell says:

If we lose love and respect for each other, this is how we finally die. Maya Angelou.
    A profound statement with such connotation. We could discuss this till the cows come home.

5. the20somethingexistentialcrisis says:

People seem to take serious offense for someone disagreeing with them. Whatever happened to “agree to disagree”. People always feel the need to be right and if anyone challenges their self righteousness, they personalize it like it was an offense to them. Suddenly, “I disagree with you” has become “You’re wrong and I think you’re stupid”… at least that’s what it seems like.

6. Autumn Cote says:

Would it be OK if I cross-posted this article to WriterBeat.com? I’ll be sure to give you complete credit as the author. There is no fee, I’m simply trying to add more content diversity for our community and Ir liked what you wrote. If “OK” please let me know via email.

Autumn
    AutumnCote@WriterBeat.com

7. Great quotes especially by Bono, Voltaire, and Augustine.

8. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Being united includes our uniqueness. Great to remember in our nation and the church. Have a great week,

Gary