A Filmmaker’s Journal

15110449_10210888554630727_3134339316339958550_oJust a quick update for those who’ve been following the progress of my feature film Over-the-Rhine. The associate producer, with whom I am having a wildly licit affair (a.k.a. my wife), and I are currently en route to Orlando, Florida,* where we will shamelessly parade for the paparazzi and walk the red carpet (I actually bought a tux)! Our film, which is nominated for Best Picture, Most Inspiring Picture, and Best Score, will have it’s world premiere tomorrow night (Friday, May 5)!

*P.S. Our house is being house-sat, so any potential burglars might want to reconsider taking that GED and learning a useful skill.

ICFF Best Picture

This entry was posted in Culture. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. Mitch best of luck and success at the Festival! And most importantly have fun!
    Brad

2. What fun! Congratulations! I really do enjoy following the antics of a famous filmmaker. 🙂

3. Yipee!!! Will watch for a glow in the sky Friday night.

4. ekurie says:

holding good thoughts of success for you guys!

5. landl30 says:

Best of luck….
    Len Freeman+

6. So awesome! Congratulations! Be prepared to tell them the name of the designer you are wearing!
    So proud of you! Prayers for your entire journey and adventure!

7. bonmedi says:

Welcome to my home town!

8. gerrymackrell says:

Well done lad, what’s your address again?

9. Congratulations! Have a great time and I hope the film does very well.

10. CONGRATULATIONS! 🙂

11. jrusoloward says:

So exciting! Congratulations!

12. atimetoshare.me says:

Congrats for such an honor. I can actually say I’m friends with a award nominated film maker. COOOOL😀

13. Congratulations, Mitch! My producer is asking for a one-page synopsis. Do you have any suggestions or good links on how to do that?

• mitchteemley says:

There are a number of websites synopsis and other film-oriented writing guidelines online. Assuming this is a pitching tool, the main thing is to capture the essence of what’s engaging and compelling about the story; don’t try to include every detail, just what accomplish that.

14. Congratulations! Enjoy your time in Orlando. Thanks for using your talents to bring a message of hope and forgiveness at a time when it’s so desperately needed.

15. BelleUnruh says:

Congratulations, and have a wonderful time at the awards ceremony!

16. barbara runck says:

Thinking about you Mitch and so proud of you!Good luck!

Sent from my iPad

17. Best wishes on your Grand Opening! Can’t wait to hear more!

18. I’m so excited for you and your wild associate producer! Congratulations and God bless you both… HUGE!!! 🎉🙏🏻😊

19. Congratulations!

This is it…the final reveal! Woo-hoo! SO excited for you and everyone else who worked on the film. Praying God’s abundant blessings on all the proceedings in Orlando!

21. More than the award, my prayer for your film is that it touches hearts in living rooms and bars and clubhouses and dormitories and barracks throughout America; and some day throughout the world.

22. chape says:

Good luck and have fun 😉

23. Congratulations to you and your wife, Mitch! After all the hard work I know you both will have a rewarding evening. :O)

24. Anne J. says:

Oh how exciting! Wishing you / your film the very best. I sure hope this world premiere includes Africa. I think we get left out. J.Lo had a World Tour but forgot Africa is IN the world. Haha! Other artists did/do the same. Poor us. I’d love to watch it.

25. alslaff says:

Break a proverbial leg. (Best to you and yours… blessings above and beyond.)

26. Very excited for you and your wife!! Show a photo on the RED CARPET! Soak up all the attention! :). Glad you got a tux!

27. Thom Hickey says:

Good luck! Enjoy it all. Regards Thom.

28. godoratheism says:

Amen! I’m praying for you and your (longsuffering?) associate producer.
    Are you guilty of shameless self-promotion? I don’t think so. As they say in Texas, “It aint braggin’ if’n it’s true.” May God bless y’all. Enjoy this moment in the spotlight!

29. Congratulations and good luck!