Lousy God

backfatgirl_LargeWideA Hindu friend told me, “You are God!” “Sorry,” I replied, “I could never respect a religion with such low standards.”

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Lousy God

1. @vapor_sage says:

right on time 🙂

2. Ha! I often think it is such a good thing that I am not God. For one, I would have flooded the world about 18 times and there would be whole forests of people who are now pillars of salt. 🙂

3. …ah, yes…but we are made in God’s image. We have a lot to live up to. We come from an amazing family. Always loved. Always cherished…with extremely high expectations…We can do it, people. We CAN be a force of love, mercy, justice, forgiveness, and grace. We CAN stop judging and start paying our taxes willingly and joyously. We CAN care, collectively, for the poor., the sick, the disenfranchised… We can offer rehabilitation to the prisoner, eschew torture in any form, and walk humbly with our Beloved.

4. That’s perfect. Love it!

5. Mitch, I have been trying to find a contact email for you …is there a place I can email you ?
    tj

6. dawnlizjones says:

I love the scene in the first Avengers movie where Loki tells the Hulk “I am a god”, after which the Hulk shows him the floor and remarks “puny god”. I think something similar may be coming on a more massive scale….

7. Ah, the wit and wisdom! Isn’t it a blessing to know who we are in Christ, and who we are not without Him!?! 🙂

8. Mel-ania says:

Ha. Funny and cleaver.

9. Mel-ania says:

Meant *clever* but on second thought, the sharp wit can be a cleaver.

10. tonyroberts says:

A lovely reflection on a story that embodies humility. Joseph could easily have played God had he chose to; but he knew better. He knew the true God.

11. Anne J. says: