What is Worship?

presentation1

“The perfect church service would be one we were almost unaware of; our attention would have been on God.” ~C. S. Lewis

trinity

If you forget everything but God

you have remembered

everything that matters

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Poetry, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to What is Worship?

1. Lee Poskey says:

Good mornin Mitch 😃
    That’s a great thought. Good inspiration.
    (Yes I appreciate you brother). Are you aware of the meaning behind that mobius symbol?

• mitchteemley says:

The Trinity. Thanks, Lee.

• Lee Poskey says:

Good mornin Mitch. Thank you for being my friend. In no way am I questioning your wisdom, so don’t perceive that. I believe you to be a very nice and wise man. But in case you haven’t explored the meaning of various symbols, I’m including a link for your consideration. I too recognize that that symbol has been used by churches and the new king James book to represent the Trinity. But you owe it to yourself my friend to take a fresh look at that symbol’s meaning.
        Your buddy,
        Lee

• mitchteemley says:

Lee, the triquetra (three-in-one symbol) is, indeed, used by non-Christians, as are the cross, fish, and virtually every other symbol one can think of, including the Greco-Phoenician alphabet letters you and I are communicating with. When a symbol becomes predominantly associated with evil, that is certainly cause to avoid it (once Hitler adopted the ancient swastika symbol of “well being” it became poisoned for any other use). I would avoid the triquetra if that were the case here, but it is not. Neither do I cringe at the thought of referring to today as Monday, even though the word is rooted in worship of the goddess of the moon. Why? Because that is not what it means to me, or to my readers.

2. So true. That is why I like my church prayer vigil. It is quiet and meditative rather than performance focused or not paying attention to the message!

3. BelleUnruh says:

Wonderful quote by Lewis.

4. Andreea Sufaru (Gutu) says:

Wonderful! God bless you!

5. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Less of us and more of Him.

Amen,

Gary

6. Harbans says:

Our Lord wants Him and that want should spring from our heart.