Almost Got Him…

Just a hare more.

boy-helps-rabbits

Is there anything more uselessly useful than when children “help”?  They do help us, though. We help them to become adults, and they help us to become children again. Which is what it means to be human.

“Children are the only really living people.” ~Kenneth Grahame (The Wind in the Willows)

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Almost Got Him…

1. Jennie says:

Reblogged this on A Teacher's Reflections and commented:
    Children do indeed help us. Through them, we find our heart and see what is truly important. Yes, that is what it means to be human.

2. Jennie says:

Thank you for such a perfect post. I had to reblog it.

3. Pingback: #AMJoy #wiretap #ButSomeoneElseTookCredit #Caturday #ThereIsAlwaysThatOne #LOV3RZ #Inspirational #DelraHarris #Psalms #Praise #Worship #Music | Highwaypay

4. Unless you have faith like a little child…. Good insight, Mitch.

5. So adorable and wonderful, little ones always surprise us with their caring. Thank you for posting! 🙂

6. Lee Poskey says:

Good mornin Mitch 😃

7. Erika Kind says:

This is something I have thought often in the different stages my kids have gone through!

8. 🙂 this just warms my heart 🙂

9. You know, my wife is always telling me to stop acting like a child 😉

10. Grandson just turned one! Nothing better! Great post and pic that does capture a child’s heart and spirit!

11. Ray Stiles says:

Reminds me of that hare raising experience I told you about with Ro Cooper…

12. dawnlizjones says:

FB’d this one!! Retirement is looming in the near future, and Bob and I are already growing younger….

13. SO TRUE! I have learned so much more from them they they ever learned from me.

14. Paula says:

The Wind in the Willows was a favorite of mine when I was young. I should revisit it!
    This photograph is so precious. Children sense the need to help naturally and it’s sad that we often “outgrow” that sensibility. I especially enjoy the photo since I have a pet rabbit. Thank you for showing a tender reminder to be childlike.
    (And isn’t there certainly a difference between “Childlike” and “Childish?” God give me grace to be the former.)
    Pg

• mitchteemley says:

The Wind in the Willows is just as delightful a read for adults–perhaps even more so. And, yes, I’m pretty sure when Jesus said, “You must become like little children,” he meant childlike, not childish. ;>)

15. carhicks says:

I learned this when I had grandchildren. They keep us young at heart and mind. I love that picture, it is priceless. May we all be children once in awhile.