NASA Finds 7 Earthlike Planets

Dateline, February 23: NASA scientists have discovered a new solar system with 7 earthlike planets, three of which may contain some form of life. “This is huge!” say astrophysicists worldwide, as all attention turns toward analyzing the data.

In other news, this image, sent by Mars Rover, has not yet been analyzed:

latest-from-mars-rover-curiosity

This entry was posted in Humor, Mitchellaneous, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to NASA Finds 7 Earthlike Planets

1. Hmm. Looks familiar — Galaxy Quest?

2. Ha! Thanks for the chuckle. I’ve been following this “breaking news” and it’s various exaggerations. “They could contain life” is a bit different then, “we’ve discovered 7 new planets and talked to the people living there!” Facebook apparently does note not such distinctions. 🙂

3. You would use that picture.

4. Jay says:

Well that picture gave me pause!
    I think this is cool news. A part of me is conflicted by teh amount of money we spend simply being curious and exploring outer space, which has no tangible benefit to us, when that money could put food in children’s bellies. But I love to read and learn about our universe, and it certainly captures people’s imaginations.

• mitchteemley says:

At the risk of sounding geeky, I think space exploration is our destiny. Although, if we don’t learn to be more human in the meantime, we’ll be the equivalent of a universal computer virus.

5. dawnlizjones says:

Would that photo be categorized as “fake news”? Or would that term be “politically incorrect”?

6. Paula says:

You are a goofball. And I mean that in the nicest way. (takes one to know one, right?)

7. Those are my cousins, F;+lp, Gle~rb and his friends. That’s from their FB page I think. 🙂

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Mitch Teemley wrote:

> mitchteemley posted: “Dateline, February 23: NASA scientists have > discovered a new solar system with 7 earthlike planets, three of which may > contain some form of life. “This is huge!” say astrophysicists worldwide, > as all attention turns toward analyzing the data. In other new” >

8. Lorenza A says:

Haha! Greetings little green men with smiles and abnormally sharp teeth to chew us up. Please stay on Mars. We’ll let you know when it’s time to come visit Earth.

9. gpavants says:

I feel better with these guys, not!