Earworm!

“Dancing Queen”

Stuck in my head

I wept

I repented of aught

Which had brought me to

This piteous place

Verily, did I gnash my teeth

And pray for deliverance

Yet naught would avail me

Finally, beseeching the Bible for comfort

I did open it at random to Mark 14:36

and therein did read:

“Abba…” Jesus prayed

abba-dancing-queen-1594200817

Noooooooo!

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Poetry, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Earworm!

1. Well, you may gnash your teeth and pray for deliverance but, I’m sitting here laughing my butt off. Thanks, Mitch. I needed something light this morning.

2. Pastor Randy says:

Same here Mitch, I, too, need a good laugh, and this one would be ranked Tony The Tiger–you know–GRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

3. rothpoetry says:

Love it!! Great song what ever it means!! Enjoy! Loved ABBA music!
    Dwight

4. Barb Knowles says:

Great post. My husband is the only person I know who likes Abba. Which means I hang out with a specific crowd, since Abba is so popular. I feel your pain.

5. dawnlizjones says:

Don’t you love it when a song gets stuck in your head, you know, like Y-M-C-A…? (You’re welcome.)

6. Paul Dordal says:

Brilliant! With a deep Scottish accent.

7. jeffw5382 says:

I love that term Abba, for Father but sweeter like Papa or daddy. Thanks for reminding me and for making me smile

8. Had to look this song up since I couldn’t remember which one it was. (I think I’ve only heard this song in movies and thrift stores until now.) Thanks for following, and getting it stuck in my head now. E.R.Peters 😉

9. gpavants says:

Mitch,

Dude, you rock! So funny. Thanks for sending out that SOS.

Thanks,

Gary

10. Squid says:

Bwahahahaha that’s perfect, Mr. Mitch!! My mom grew me up on a Best of ABBA tape, so I might or might not have all the words memorized… 😉

11. Paula says:

And now, you’ve made sure the rest of us have it playing in our heads as well. Good grief. [Never was a fan of (the singers who called themselves) Abba.]