A panel made up of Beyoncé, Stephen L. Hawking, and Mahatma Gandhi has conferred upon me the coveted Blogger Recognition Award. I will be lavishly fêted at the upcoming Grammy Show and then be viciously tweeted about by Donald Trump. In other words: I have arrived!
So, no, actually I was nominated by two wonderful bloggers, This Georgia Peach, whose actual name is Virginia, and Shop Girl Anonymous, who actual name is, um… Do yourself a favor and visit them today. Peach is about overcoming adversity and living life to the fullest. Shopgirl is about doing it with style!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post about it the Blogger Recognition Award
- Briefly tell how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers to give this award to
How I started
I am the writing equivalent of a silk worm and needed someplace to store my silk. Raw silk, but, hey, silk is silk. I experimented a lot with content at first, trying hard to laser in on a specific theme (Kenny’s World of Ferrets, All About Egg Whites). That didn’t work.
Two Sagely Pieces of Advice
1) Work out! This is your gym. The more you write, the more you’ll find your voice (yeah, I know, mixed metaphor, so sue me). My writing—fiction, drama, screenplays, essays—becomes less flabby the more time I spend in the blog gym!
2) Use the Reader, Luke! You can build your following by entering tag words on the WordPress Reader to find others who post on the same topics you do (love, grace, ferrets). Then go to their sites, read their stuff, leave comments. And bam! Maybe a slow bam, but bam, nevertheless.
And now, from my recent discoveries (people who’ve followed me and who I think are cool–not exactly the same thing, but close):
- Jules Verne Times Two – Travel and adventure!
- Writer’s Treasure Chest – A blog for authors
- London Wlogger – Exploring London (my favourite city)
- The Love Testimony – Faith and life
- Who Is God? – Faith issues
- Pitching Pennies Poetry – Rich poetic wordery
- 21st Century Films – Movies, essays, life
- Short visits with an honest God – Quirky metaphorical talks with God
- Praise to Worship – Life and faith
- The Recovering Legalist – Authentic vs. legalistic faith
- JeanMessnerArt – Original art and writings about art
- Brandon J. Adams – Life, singleness, faith
- Beauty Beyond Bones – Anorexia, hope, and much more
- Seek the Best Blog – Health, food, life
- K C Santosh Photography – Social photography
- LifesFineWhine – Humor, quotes, life