Take a Stand

16344135_10154542183287732_751948496_n

I’m short on time this morning, but long on thought. My gut reaction to the current tumult in the world and in my country is to call for dialogue, for peace, for efforts to understand one another’s views. And I would have dashed off something to that effect if this quote by Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel hadn’t burned a hole in my conscience. We must always take a stand against oppression, no matter where it comes from, from high or low, from within our own families, or, yes, even from within our own compromised hearts.

“Who will rise up for Me against the wicked? Who will stand with Me against evildoers?” ~Psalm 94:16

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Take a Stand

1. Luke 10:29
    But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

2. Anita Bacha says:

The world is what it is because good people are silent

3. Thank you every voice counts

4. Julia Soriano says:

I’ve been satisfied to accept this as art of God’s plan; but then I remember, “God has no hands, but ours.”

5. carhicks says:

I am so worried about what is coming next. I pray that the love of God will touch hearts and calmer minds will prevail.

6. Pingback: Take a Stand | Smart Christian.net

7. jeffw5382 says:

We have a great deal more in common than that which we disagree upon. There is a great deal of judgment going on based on how one chooses to arrive at a common goal. There is, in my opinion, an objective that is unstated by those stoking the perpetually aggrieved into wasted activity. It’s so easy to point the finger when we harbor the same fears and reaction to it in our own lives and fail to address that. “He who is without sin, cast the first stone”.

8. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

You got it. By standing up for what God calls us to do instead of staying on the sidelinrs, will ignite our faith and the faith of orhers. I think these are steps to break up our complacency.

Thanks,

Gary .

9. Thanks for this post it has encouraged me to finish writing a post that I began this weekend but quit because I questioned if I was being to harsh and judgmental. I also thought I was lowering myself to their level. I will go to God for guidance for the right words but because of your encouragement I am going to finish what I started and stand for what is right.

10. Reminded of a quote in a similar vein by Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is evil itself. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” I would add that the voice we use to communicate those thoughts and opinions are ones that are informed by the Word of God.

11. Lucie says:

And once again….you simply and eloquently touch my heart….. ❤ No more to say……

12. Pingback: Rant! Feminists, Protests and Jesus! | Reclaim Our Republic

13. Silence is the best friend of evil.