Icy Beauty

(Click on individual images to read commentary.)

The world is born in the spring

rejoices in summer

and bundles its blessings in autumn

But only in the winter

does it learn who it is

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Icy Beauty

1. These are great. That windshield… oh my goodness!! Unexpected beauty. Glad you took the photo. 🙂

2. nanciec13 says:

lovely photos and reflection!

3. carhicks says:

Absolutely gorgeous pictures. When it is cold, we tend to hurry and not see the beauty around us. Thanks for sharing.

4. sanseilife says:

Yeah I left the sprinkler on one dry winter and woke up to a back yard winter wonderland. It was beautiful, magical and stupid!

5. Mike says:

The Lake Erie bridge is both beautiful and mysterious. And it’s just ice.

6. I love the lighthouse photo. Looks like something from a fairy tale.

7. Nice

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Mitch Teemley wrote:

> mitchteemley posted: “(Click on individual images to read commentary.) The > world is born in the spring rejoices in summer and bundles its blessings > in autumn But only in winter does it learn who it is” >

8. Winter is Snow Lover’s Paradise, like my daughter and son-in-law.

9. Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing. Brrrrr!

10. Exceptional photos. Really enjoyed them all.

11. Paula says:

Mitch, I’m from Michigan and we are close enough to Lake Michigan (which has numerous light houses and piers) that someone is always posting a photo of the latest scene. South Haven, Grand Haven, etc. Some of them feature waves frozen in place that reach halfway up the lighthouse. I wish I could share one here in the comments. They are beautiful and spooky at the same time. That windshield reminded me of the frosted kitchen windows in my childhood home. Great photos and captions. thanks again.

12. Paula says:

Addendum: The word that comes to mind whenever I see a photo like yours of the lighthouse is “hoary.” :>)

13. Just Me says:

Deeply profound and so beautiful. I’ve referred to the winter as “narcissistic” but I think I like your posit much better.

I loved this.