Notes to Self at the Beginning of 2017

ct27_leap_jpg_1969195f

1. I’m still alive. What unfinished work is keeping me here? Focus on that!

2. “I’ve got to admit it’s getting better, oh, so much better all the time (it can’t get much worse).” ~Paul McCartney

3. “The beginnings and endings of all human undertakings are untidy.” ~John Galsworthy

4. Old folks say the old stuff is best. Young folks say the new stuff is best. What if it’s just the best stuff that’s best?

5. “Live fast healthy, die young old, and leave a good-looking biodegradable corpse.”  ~Willard Motley (with corrections by me)

6. Have you ever fought with God or your conscience over a decision you were terrified to make? God gets that. He’s been there (Matthew 26:39).

7. “Hate the sin, love the sinner” applies to me first (Matthew 7:5).

8. The only continent that has no ants is Antarctica. Weird.

My New Years Resolutions

Psychologists say we’re more likely to keep resolutions if we only have one or two. These two work for me:

untitled

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Notes to Self at the Beginning of 2017

1. sanseilife says:

I like 1 and 8, good job.

2. Erika Kind says:

I love your resolutions. They say encompass it all!

3. cigarman501 says:

Number 7 maybe the most misused…thanks for putting it into the correct context.

4. Yep. Those Jonathan Edwards resolutions are good enough for me.

5. jodietitian says:

I just love your writing, great energy!!!

6. Jeff says:

#1 . . . I wonder that sometimes, myself.

7. This is so great!! 👍🏼😊

8. calico1948 says:

The Happiest of New Years my friend. May God Bless your comings in and goings out always.

9. atimetoshare.me says:

Sounds good to me. You’re sure to go out with a bang when you do.

10. Galsworthy, had a point, similar to New Years resolutions. Yet, however chaotic it all turns out to be, the growth is in the trying. We have a purpose and should set goals and try to attain them, whether they work out the way we would like, or not. A Happy New Year to you, Mitch. :O)

Leave it to Jonathan Edwards to cut through the trivial and expose the most positive, productive resolution of them all. May God grow me to make it my own, to live for him day by day, hour by hour.