Lose the Luggage!

Baggage

“Knowing that you’re the one who’s been rejected, God it makes you feel isolated. I felt asemotional-baggage though I’d walked into the house trailing all this baggage.” ~Anthea Turner

“We all have baggage. The question is: What baggage can you deal with?”  ~Jaime Pressly

“It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage.”  ~Angelina Jolie

“I think carrying moral baggage is very dangerous. If you have a duty, it’s to be true and not cover up the cracks.”  ~Bono

vs. Braggage

“But just at the right time, while we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.”  ~Romans 5:6

thpnh3ol1w“Therefore, my soul will brag about the LORD; and the humble will hear and rejoice!”  ~Psalm 34:2

“Some brag about chariots and some about horses. But we will brag about our God!”  ~Psalm 20:7

“Let him who brags brag about this, that he understands and knows Me.”  ~Jeremiah 9:24

The Choice is Yours

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. So stand firm and never again be encumbered by the yoke of slavery.”  ~Galatians 5:1

“For those whom the Son sets free are free indeed!”  ~John 8:36

This entry was posted in Culture, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Lose the Luggage!

1. Amen! I sometimes joke about how people insist on lugging around so much baggage, they ought to just hire a bellhop. Set all that stuff down people, lighten up your load.

2. John Sayers says:

A year ago a friend observed something in me and said “Looks like you are starting to pack your bags”. My friend saw a restlessness in my life being a Chaplain. I am starting my 11th year. I was wondering if that is what was going on in my life because when I was doing the Pastor thing, for over 20 years, my average stay in a church was around 6 years. Today I am not sure if God is telling me to pack my bags or is HE telling me I need to start rearranging my bag. Maybe I need to get rid of some things so I can add others. Anyway Mitch your email got me thinking again about that in my life. THANKS

3. Amen, amen… AAAAAMENNNN!!! 👍🏻😊☝🏻️

4. There’s nothing like freedom in Christ. Knowing who you are in Christ provides a liberating yoke-free lifestyle.

5. BelleUnruh says:

I can see now how I sometimes carrie past hurts around like emotional baggage. It is good to let it all go.

6. Heather says:

Yeah. Hauling around a bunch of unnecessary baggage kind of sucks rotten eggs.

7. Forgiven says:

Amen, Jesus ❤ ❤ ❤

8. Forgiven says:

I want to be free!

Tamara ❤

9. Sandi Staton says:

So many churches restrict freedom with all their strict rules and regulations. After years of trying to please, to fit in, to be accepted, and feeling hurt and disappointed, I finally stopped going to church. I never felt so free. I now realize that God didn’t place all those heavy burdens on me and didn’t expect me to keep carrying them, and I don’t anymore. I feel like a bird released from its cage, never to be captured again!

• mitchteemley says:

Sorry to hear you had such negative experiences attending a church, Sandi. I’m an outsider myself, in a sense, having grown up in a secular home. When I did become a Jesus follower it was with a high level of awareness that churches are made up of broken people just like me. So I don’t so much go to be ministered to as to minister to others (in my own imperfect way).

• Sandi Staton says:

Very good attitude, Mitch. I also went to church to minister to others through music and teaching Sunday School. It’s when I spent 14 years cleaning the church and school that I discovered what goes on behind the scenes and how I was personally treated. I still follow Jesus and still minister to others through music and until He tells me it’s time to try church again, I’m happy not going. And yes, we are all broken because of the fall. As for me, I was shattered before God put me back together again, and I’ve been in church all my life. How ironic.

10. Pingback: Lose the Luggage! — Mitch Teemley – Teaching is a work of art

11. Hello, completely agree with you. Sometimes it’s best not to carry any luggage!