A Satisfied Cat

35192-hoodie-weatherIt’s hoodie weather. Finally! (I’m a t-shirt guy, but a t-shirt without a hoodie is like tights without a cape, you know?)  Anyway, as I sat hoodied and warm in my armchair this morning, an afghan draped across my legs (knitted, not human),

cat-sleeping-on-table-cute-cats-sleeping-photos-600x450our little cat decided to curl up next to me. I offered rubs, and then continued to work on my Very Significant Project. Until she began to purr. At which point I got melty and had to stop to write this sentimental bit of fluff:

O, the sound

of a satisfied cat

Was there ever a music

more perfect than that?

I know: Cat poem? This probably means I’ll have to turn in my Serious Writer card, not to mention my Hemingway Club certificate. But, hey, I never attended the meetings, and they always spelled my name wrong, anyway. Now on with the day.

Wait, the cat’s in my lap now.

This entry was posted in Humor, Poetry, Writing and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to A Satisfied Cat

1. Roos Ruse says:

Still LOL. you blessed my day with mirth and warm fuzzies, Mitch.

2. A man with a soft spot for kitties is a fine human being.
    We give doggie belly rubs in our home, though cat purrs are fondly remembered. 🐶🐱

3. ageekycatholic says:

“Felis Catus/is your taxonomic nomenclature…” – “Star Trek: The Next Generation” (various episodes)

4. sanseilife says:

You can keep your Hemingway club card. When I visited Florida I learned he had a pet cat with six toes and there are still descendants of this cat at the Hemingway museum. He’d love your poem as do I!

5. connieszone says:

I love this it shows your humanness and we can all connect with that. Thanks for being brave enough to share it!

6. Better than a cat video. The rebellion against YouTube begins!

7. tabitha59reachingout says:

Very cute poem. I really like the part where you said you “got all meltie”. 🙂

8. enitsirk24 says:

Hooray for the Cat!!

9. cat9984 says:

The Hemingway Club wouldn’t drop you. He loved cats.