Humility

peacock-featherduster

“Those who exalt themselves will be humbled.” ~Matthew 23:12

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Mitchellaneous, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Humility

1. V.J. says:

ha ha, more feather duster here

2. Ha! Well said. Thanks 🙂

3. lptrey says:

I just wrote about this in my latest post! Check it out!

4. Been there! Great quote. Thanks.

5. Loved this!! And, needed the gentle reminder. Love the Bible verse to go along with it!

6. Mitch my father used to say “one day you are a Hero and the next day a Bum!”
    Life can swing like a pendulum,
    Brad
    Brad James

7. Haha!
    And here’s another thought – a feather duster is actually useful!

8. Mike Cullen says:

Humility : Not thinking less of myself ,but thinking of myself less

9. RGSherman says:

This is putting things in perspective! I’m printing this out and putting it where I can see it everyday.

10. It’s almost funny but it’s not funny. My friend’s dad was depressed after he retired and felt he was no body anymore. In a human world, he higher one climbs, the deeper he might fall. Thank you for sharing your deep thought.

11. Pingback: Humility | Smart Christian.net

12. Amen! We must never forget where we came from. In the end (and the beginning) we are all one.🌠

13. You nailed it Mitch. Peacocks are really pretty all puffed up with tail feathers spread, but feather dusters get the job done. Ever try to dust with a peacock feather?

Brilliant use of just a dozen words! Nothing like succinct truth (with a bit of humor) to make a memorable point.

15. mitchteemley says:

Hey, all, for the record: I didn’t write the quip in the picture. Just found it, liked it, and attached the Scripture verse.

16. Amen! Some days we need this reminder. ❤

17. Ray Stiles says:

Mitch, speaking of Humility and Peacocks, why don’t you tell us the story of when you were attacked while trying to feed “Joan the Peacock” behind your green 1972 Chevy Vega Kammback at Lake Shasta and the meaning of your faded memory of when your precious Ovation guitar was knock over and the upper right flair of the tuning head got chipped off?

It feels sometime the memories of our great car travels together only happened like last summer!

I hope you feel the sameway, Ray ..