Gene Wilder

He found the manic in humanity. And we’re forever grateful. Few actors have ever generated such a mix of admiration and affection as Gene Wilder. Rest in peace, old friend.

This entry was posted in Humor, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Gene Wilder

1. Erika Kind says:

A great one has gone…. Wonderful, what he left us!

2. Wonderful! Funny, I was just penning a brief ode to Gene as my upcoming weekly post when I paused to check my email- your post came up. I saw Blazing Saddles in theatres as a kid, I never looked back. Great tribute!

3. Very eloquently stated. If you find the time, I shared my thoughts on the subject as well. I hope it isn’t inappropriate to share a direct link like this.

4. Roos Ruse says:

Gene and Gilda forever! I can imagine the laughter in heaven today ❤

5. hoveprinting says:

Always loved Adventures of Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother. Rematched it obsessively as a kid, even bought reels of Super 8 to view it on a “big” screen. Obviously not one of his classcis, but think I’ll watch it again tonight to remind myself what cheerful optimism really is. That’s what that blue-eyed boy really represented.

6. Truly a comedic genius a la Chaplin and Keaton. Loved him in all his movies. Sad day today.

7. I remember him in the movie “Willy Wonka”. He is funny and talented actor. Rest in peace.

8. Thank you for posting this, Mitch, he was one of my comedic favorites…he will be greatly missed!

9. trE says:

He was a gem.

10. So sad, it’s making me all emotional. Darn feelings. Xp

11. I listened to an interview with him today conducted with NPR about 5 years ago.
    What a compassionate and caring person….loved how he shared his getting to know and work with Eddie Murphy.

12. frenchc1955 says:

Reblogged this on charles french words reading and writing and commented:
    This is a wonderful tribute to Gene Wilder. R.I.P.

13. I haven’t watched any of Gene’s movies in a long time but Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles were two of my favorites. He was so funny and will be missed.

14. jlfatgcs says:

“Blazing Saddles”. I laughed my head off. I can’t help but think that Gene and Gilda are rockin’ in Heaven and making everyone laugh.