The Extraordinary in the Ordinary

There's beauty in the ordinary--we just have to learn to see it

Beauty abides in common things

If only we choose to see it

And grace will turn our limbs to wings

If only we choose to free it

This entry was posted in Culture, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The Extraordinary in the Ordinary

1. Great picture and thought!
    Brad

2. Wendy says:

Definitely a case of great minds think alike – https://brilliancewithin.com/2016/07/22/why-not-take-a-closer-look/ – It’s so true – we need to stop and look at the beautiful things that surround us every day and appreciate them.. It’s so easy to miss when we rush through our busy lives… x

3. I like this. It’s one of my own themes as well. Take care.

4. Roos Ruse says:

Mitch, that is lovely! I imagine you send Trudy swooning spouting words like that. I must share.

5. Pingback: The Extraordinary in the Ordinary | Whats Next

6. Fabulous! Creative and what a pic- K

7. So beautiful. So elegant. So simple. Thank you for sharing. Your words & your photo have shifted me back home – to this very moment. And I am grateful.🍃

8. nancyehead says:

I once had the privilege to hear Christopher DeVinck speak on the ordinary and extraordinary. He wrote a book called the Power of the Powerless. Excuse the pun–but it was powerful!

9. ljlhannah says:

That is beautiful!

Yes, discovering the extraordinary in the ordinary is invigorating. But I especially appreciated the second set of lines about God’s grace turning our limbs to wings. ‘Must ponder that a bit more! For now, I’m celebrating that hiding among the words (for me) is an image of soaring free on Spirit wings–free from guilt, fear, worry, etc.–when I rely on my all-powerful, gracious God.

11. That’s a beautiful picture, I love noticing the unusual reflections and light patterns

12. blmaluso says:

Beautiful, and so very true:-)