After BREXIT…Who’s Nexit?

Brexit

Now that BREXIT is a reality (and David Cameron is leaving to write his memwoes) what’s next?  Spanxit?  Grexit?  Swexit?  (Spain, Greece, and Sweden are reportedly on the bubble.)  Will the EU survive?  Does is matter?  What are your thoughts?

CIacOFNWoAAklL_

This entry was posted in Culture, Mitchellaneous and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to After BREXIT…Who’s Nexit?

1. Erika Kind says:

Good question…. looks like instead of growing together things are falling apart. But then again perhaps it simply needs a different togetherness!

• mitchteemley says:

What do you think that “different togetherness” could/should be, Erika?

• Erika Kind says:

I couldn’t mention lots of details to be honest. More and more people got unhappy with the policies of the EU. I just think they should reconsider the basic idea of the EU due to the changes of the past 20 – 25 years. So much happened. I am not living in a EU country but I truly appreciate it being Austrian because of the easier way of traveling and the options. So I am still convinced that there should be a connection between the countries but perhaps more tolerance for their uniqueness…. difficult I know and it needs a lot of discipline from everyone!

2. Lis says:

Europe!!!?
    The British have done well!

3. I’ve been asking myself the same question!

I found the info on this link disturbing:

4. dawnlizjones says:

I saw one comment about GB tired of being linked to the financial irresponsibility of other nations. (Somewhat like our American Medicaid program, my tax dollars going toward the consequences of other’s irresponsible health decisions….but I suppose that’s a bit of a sacred cow.)

• Not really like the Medicaid thing, seeing as we have our National Health Service and fiercely hold onto the idea of free-at-the-point-of-need healthcare. But then, the idea of government itself is different in the US and UK.
      But yes, the perceived giving more than we get in return has been something people have quoted quite a bit. I think it’s had more to do with immigration and the inability to control our own borders (other citizens of the EU have had the right to settle in the UK such that our relatively small country becomes home to hundreds of thousands of immigrants every year) and the perceived lack of sovereignty over our legal system, e.g. the European Court of Human Rights can overpower an existing ruling by UK judges. And then there’s the stupid things like having to display prices and weights in the metric system instead of the imperial system. None of these things were worth leaving the EU for, in my opinion, I think that our position should have been renegotiated, but that was something David Cameron, the Prime Minister, seemingly found impossible to do. For the sake of continuing peace in Europe, given that disunity in Europe is what led to all the wars of previous centuries, I think we should have voted to stay. But that’s democracy.

5. I’m reading that even though the withdrawal will take approximately two years, the Dow Jones was expected to drop 500 points when it opened this morning and gold is up $60 an ounce today and is expected to go up again tomorrow because it is asolid commodity right now. People want something to hold onto in hard times. Personally, nothing has changed for me. As this affects our country, or me personally (now or later), my only option is to hold onto the Pearl of Great Price – Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior – now and forever… To know Him more fully every day, and to make Him known so that others can live in His love as well… He is our only sure commodity!

6. socialbridge says:

It matters hugely to us in Ireland as now we have The Republic in the EU and Northern Ireland out of it. It would be horrible to see border posts being erected again, given the memories that they evoke.

7. nancyehead says:

I find the whole situation fascinating. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ireland and Northern Ireland reunited somehow.

8. J.K. Rowling is furious, it is understandable.

9. The ability to say ‘I told you so’ when prices sky-rocket and the poorest are left the worst affected will be of little comfort. We live in an area where the vast majority voted for Britain to leave the EU. I would like to know their reasoning. My husband and I both voted to remain.

10. dknezacek says:

There are many good reasons for Brexit, namely the bloated, undemocratic, corrupt monster that the EU has become.

I think, however, that something even bigger is at play here; I expect the EU will ultimately break down and then reorganize into at least 3 trading blocks, and perhaps political unions. It does not make sense to go back to the old days where it was everyone for himself.

Eastern Europe will have to unite to hold-off Russia. They have no choice, except to get swallowed up. So I expect that nations as far apart as Finland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Ukraine will have to form a mutual defense pact, if not a complete economic and political union.

Southern Europe has similar challenges, and I expect Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal to form the backbone of a new Southern European Union.

The Germanic countries have a similar background, and similar ways of looking at the world. Even Nigel Farage recently said that he would be in favour of an economic union with like-minded nations in western Europe, so I think Brexit will be a temporary thing, and ultimately we will see Britain, Germany, Austria, Holland, Scandinavia and France to form another union in western Europe.

These three unions will ultimately end up in war with each other, or at least the west and east will attack the south. They will do so thinking they are attacking the Antichrist! The leader of the South, (perhaps Tsipras?) will be viewed as a dictator, and the north will think they are saving the world by attacking the south, and Israel!

So, is this biblical prophecy? Sort of. I think it is a deception meant to look like the fulfilment of biblical prophecy, and the aftermath will see the rise of the real Antichrist, at a time when the world is looking for peace.

11. Pingback: Who’s Nexit, after Brexit? | housetops