Verb or Noun?

Some things can be both a verb and a noun (fish, call, ride). But I only know of one thing that must be a verb before it can be a noun: Love.

this-beautiful-random-act-of-kindness-was-photographed-give-this-awesome-guy-a-like-for-caring

This entry was posted in Culture, Mitchellaneous, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Verb or Noun?

1. barbara runck says:

Mitch:Thanks for this picture and your comments about love .Reminds me that people are mostly good in contrast to the evil among us.Barbara

________________________________

2. Sharing this with my daughter. She is a writer, a “word nerd,” a thinker and a feeler. She’s pretty awesome, and I’m not just saying that because I’m her mom. She’ll appreciate this immensely. ❤

3. socialbridge says:

Was just talking about ‘a liitle help is worth a lot of pity’ before I came on this gem of yours.

4. Our church has a sermon series this month on love. I’ll have to share this one with our pastor. It fits right in with the idea that God is love, but that He showed His love at the cross. We didn’t even know what love (as a noun) was until He demonstrated it (as a verb) by dying for us.

5. r_prab says:

So nicely Conveyed! 🙂

6. r_prab says:

Reblogged this on Dancing with Mosquitoes and commented:
    Such a beautiful thought! So nicely conveyed!

7. Once again, you nailed it, MItch

8. aviator3230 says:

Reblogged this on Hope's Prisoner and commented:
    A simple truth, elegantly expressed.

9. My feelings exactly but you just said it so well… Thank you Mitch! I will probably quote you on this one! 🙂

So appreciate your astute observations, Mitch, AND your gift for insightful expression. This is a prime example.