Magnum Opus

I feel a sense of connection to great artists when I view their work.

ef0da990f48b93fc288349f9879defe3

I feel an even deeper sense of connection to The Artist when I view His work.

Creation does not limit or “contain” God. But it does reveal his character “in the same sense that the arrangement of furniture in your apartment is a manifestation of your will.” (Dallas Willard). Nature reveals God’s aesthetic, his beauty. And when I look upon creation, I hear him whispering, “You too were made by me. If you remain true, you–more than all of these–will reveal Me.”

The heavens declare the glory of God.”   ~Psalm 19:1

“This same God is at work in us.”  ~1 Corinthians 12:6

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Magnum Opus

1. Thank you for this writing which reminds me of my connectedness to God rather than my separation from Him!

2. Pingback: Magnum Opus | gracetogrowdaily

3. Laura Grace says:

That was so good I pressed it on my blog. Thanks!

4. richp45198 says:

Thanks, Mitch. Along with Telherd de Chardin, I believe God’s creation continues and that we are each endowed with a creative kernel, an invitation to participate in God’s ongoing creation

5. Pingback: Magnum Opus – Wingrove Group Blog

6. John S says:

Amen Mitch..

7. Reblogged this on Celebrate His Love and commented:
    You are made by Him and for Him…to be true to Him and reveal His amazing love and beauty to the world you touch. Enjoy!

8. This is a huge part of the message one of my Character’s monologues shares…Her name is Zelda, and she tells the women that they are God’s Masterpieces. Had ot reblog. Thank you Mitch!

9. What a great post!

“Oh God you have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless until they rest upon you.”

St. Augustine

10. Roos Ruse says:

Amen, Mitch. As usual, you have stated the sentiment so very well.

11. calico1948 says:

Thank you Mitch, well said. You have a talent that few possess, you can say so much in so few words.

Lyn

MORE than all these I reveal God to those around me?! More than the galaxies of stars? The awesome beauty and variety of plants and animals? The miracles of spring? Oh, my. Such a privilege; such a responsibility. Thank you, Mitch, for these brief-but-inspiring words that fill my heart with wonder!

13. numrhood says: