All Books Without “Girl” in Title Banned!

New York, April 31, 2016 (United Press Irrational) – For the last eight years, the #1 best-selling book in America has had the word Girl in its title:

• 2009 – The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo 61YBq9Ob8xL
  • 2010 – The Girl Who Played With Fire 0307476154.01.LZZZZZZZ
  • 2011 – The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest the-girl-who-kicked-the-hornets-nest-vintage-crime_SWBOTc4MDMwNzczOTk2NA%3D%3D
  • 2012 and 2013 – Gone Girl 41Lg22K3ViL
  • 2014, 2015, 2016ย – The Girl on the Train The-Girl-on-the-Train-UK-e1420761445402(Note: Current NY Times bestseller What She Left Behind squeaked by due to the assumption that “She” represents a “girl”)

As a result, American publishers have announced that henceforth “all books will be required to have the word Girl in their title.”

Martin Bogus, CEO of Random Penguin Books, commented, “I do not read books myself, but pay others to do so, and therefore consider myself an expert. This is clearly what the public wants.”ย  He has ordered the immediate re-issue of the following classics:

• To Kill a Mocking Girl
  • Of Mice and Girls
  • The Girl in the Iron Mask
  • The Great Girlsby
  • and Homer’s The Girliad

More titlesย will follow.

This entry was posted in Books, Culture, Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to All Books Without “Girl” in Title Banned!

1. Ha! It is true. Bit self absorbed of us, I’d say. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Face it, we’re more mysterious than guys so we make for a better story. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. The Hardy Girls…A Tale of Two City Girls…Girl-i-vers Travels…Around the Girl in Eight Days…I got millions of em’ ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the laugh!

4. GM Roberts says:

…guess I’m screwed. Can’t get “Girl” to fit in “THE LIFE & TIMES OF AN INCORRIGIBLE”

5. syddent says:

Strange Girl in a Strange Land, Something Girly This Way Comes

6. I heard they’re gonna reissue another one: The Fault In Our Girls.

Lol! This was funny. ๐Ÿ˜‚

7. Laurie Welch says:

I LOVE this! I am just about to start Anne Bronte’s The Tenant of Wildfell Hall. Oops, I mean The Girl of Wildfell Hall ๐Ÿ™‚

8. theancients says:

and make sure to lookout for my upcoming NYT bestseller, The Girl Who Cried Wolf

9. I know the last part is tongue and cheek orrrrrr ….. I think it is tongue and cheek. I always have trouble going from serious to sarcastic….. seems like I am the fish that takes the bait.

10. oneta hayes says:

Creative. I like it. I always knew something needed to done about “The Hardy Boys.” Why were they swallowed up by Nancy Drew? I would love to see some competition between her and :The Hardy Boys Girl Friends.”

11. toutparmoi says:

The Girliad sounds like a must read. And I’m very partial to that mini-masterpiece The Girl of San Luis Rey.

12. RyKenBD says: