What’s a Liebster? Ach, I thought you’d never ask! The word is German for “lover” but, in this case, means finding new blogs to love. Liebster is also big on the number 11, proving it’s better than all other awards (because “it goes to 11”).
11 Facts About Me
- My name is Mitch, which, according to one source, means “little loaf of bread.”
- I have some German ancestry, but only pretend to know the language.
- I used to go by the nickname “Og,” labelling my first apartment Og Hollow, until a Swedish guy asked me why I’d named it “Eye Socket” (I don’t know Swedish either).
- I have a gorgeous and wonderful wife I don’t deserve (she frequently reminds me).
- I have two brilliant, wildly creative, adorable young adult daughters (phone numbers withheld).
- My childhood paper route remains the longest job I’ve ever had.
- I’ve made a living as: a paper boy (see above), musician, actor, mime, comedian, teacher, preacher, writer, encyclopedia salesman, and filmmaker.
- I have never been a pipe fitter or a gigolo.
- Space for rent.
- Buy one get one free!
- Ach! Finally eleven! Did you know that the German word for eleven is “elf”? Which is kind of adorable.
Why did you decide to create your blog? To round up all of the misfits like me in one place so the authorities can conveniently arrest us when Kim Jong-un conquers the world!
What does your blog contain? Wit and wisdom, liberally peppered with stories. The wit (dubious term) comes from me. The wisdom does not.
What does the name of your blog mean? “Godlike little loaf of bread?”
What led you to create your blog? An earnest desire to speak truth into people’s lives, including my own.
What type of posts do you prefer to write? I’m a big picture guy, so I vacillate toward big topics, e.g. Why was Donald Trump born? Answer: To terrorize and amuse the world (see Kim Jong-un above). Seriously? I keep circling back to “Why do We Exist?” So, yeah, big picture.
Do you have a youtube channel? Nope.
Who or What is your source of inspiration? God.
What is your impression of the Blog that nominated you? Andreea Gutu’s blog no longer exists, unfortunately, but she has published poems at PoetreeCreations.
What do you want to improve on your blog? It’s creator.
Do you see yourself still doing this in a few years? To infinity and beyond.
Advice for beginners in the world of Blogs? Use the WordPress Reader to locate kindred spirits and drag them to your cave. Or look up a good psychiatrist.