My new friend Adreea Gutu of Bucharest, Romania (as opposed to, say, Bucharest, New Jersey) has nominated me for a Liebster, the granddaddy of all blog awards! Andreea is a classy poet who sometimes likes to slum at my site. Do yourself a favor and visit her delightful blog Synergy of Joy!
What’s a Liebster? Ach, I thought you’d never ask! The word is German for “lover” but, in this case, means finding new blogs to love (or newish–I’m past the use-by date). Liebster is also big on the number 11, proving it’s better than all other awards (“it goes to 11”).
- Thank and place a link to the person who referred you – fertig (done)!
- State 11 facts about yourself – ja!
- Answer 11 questions – warum nicht (why not)?
- Nominate at least 11 blogs with less than 200 followers – mit vergnügen (with pleasure)!
11 Facts About Me
- My name is Mitch, which either means “godlike” or “little loaf of bread,” depending on your source.
- I have some German ancestry, but don’t know the language (fun looking up the words, though).
- I went by the nickname “Og” for several years, labelling my first apartment Og Hollow, until a Swedish guy asked me why I’d named it “Eye Socket” (I don’t know Swedish either).
- I have a gorgeous and wonderful wife I don’t deserve. She knows this and reminds me frequently.
- I have two brilliant, wildly creative, adorable young adult daughters (phone numbers withheld).
- My childhood paper route remains the longest job I’ve ever had.
- I’ve made a living as: a newspaper boy (see above), musician, actor, mime, comedian, teacher, preacher, writer, encyclopedia salesman, and filmmaker.
- I have never been a steam fitter or a gigolo.
- Space for rent.
- Buy one get one free!
- Ach! Finally eleven! Did you know that the German word for eleven is “elf”? Which is kind of adorable, right? OK, I’m fertig (done).
Why did you decide to create your blog?
To round up all of the other misfits like me in one place so the authorities can conveniently arrest us when Kim Jong-un conquers our decadent democracies!
What does your blog contain?
Wit and wisdom, liberally peppered with stories. The wit (dubious term?) comes from me. The wisdom does not.
What does the name of your blog mean?
“Godlike little loaf of bread?”
What led you to create your blog?
Seriously (since I answered the first, nearly identical, question facetiously)? An earnest desire to speak truth into people’s lives, including my own.
What type of posts do you prefer to write?
I’m a big picture guy, so I tend to vacillate toward big topics. E.g. Why was Donald Trump born? Answer: To terrorize and amuse the world (see Kim Jong-un above).
Do you have a youtube channel associated with the blog?
Who/What are your sources of inspiration?
What is your impression of the Blog that nominated you?
Earnest, refreshing poetry! No idea what it reads like in Romanian (although I do know a very nice Romanian person–hi, Andreea).
What will you want to improve on your blog?
Do you see yourself still doing this in a few years?
Advice for beginners in the world of Blogs?
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Seriously? Use the WordPress Reader to locate kindred spirits. Then drag them to your cave. Or look up a good psychiatrist.