Someone Appreciates Me!

BAA

All I ask for is a little appreciation. But do I get it?  No!  I get eye-rolling. From the wife. From the kids. From the squirrel looking in at me through the kitchen window. Stop with the eye-rolling already!

Someone finally appreciates me. And it’s no less than illustrious writer-teacher-blogger extraordinaire Charles French! In a rare lapse of judgement, the normally impeccable Mr. French has nominated me for a Blogger Appreciation Award. I gratefully accept this Chucky Award. (All great awards have nicknames: Emmy, Tony, Oscar. As you yourself would say, Charles, “Oy! How do I rescind the offer to that schlemiel, Teemley?”)

The Rules of the Award

(1) Thank the blogger who nominated you, link back to their site – Done (with bells on!)

(2) Use the award image – See above

(2) Write a paragraph of something positive about yourself – See below

(3) Nominate and notify as many bloggers as you wish – See below-er

About Me

I’m currently in pre-production on a feature film, Over-the-Rhine, a family drama (see, I can be serious when I try) about a woman’s journey from grief to revenge to forgiveness. We start shooting in May. Prayers greatly appreciated!

My Nominees

And finally, I’d like to thank my OCD for inspiring me to list the above Nominees in order of descending length for no discernable reason.

This entry was posted in Humor, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Someone Appreciates Me!

1. SarahC says:

Congrats, and the ssquirrel apparently is related to those chittering outside here as well, too high on the branch to see the eyeroll……alas I a m rambling but I do appreciate your stops round my blog, so thought i would stop and say Goldstar! on your award 😀

2. Haha, I like the OCD remark. Thanks, Mitch. Next post, I am finally going to do a written piece again (as opposed to photos). I am surely going to mention this award, and comply with the guidelines for my gracious acceptance. Gracias amigo.

3. frenchc1955 says:

Thank you for your kind words–and you are appreciated.

4. bonmedi says:

Thank you Mitch!!!! 💗🙏🏻☺️

5. Yes, you are very appreciated…Should say it more often! ^_^

6. Erika Kind says:

Congratulations, Mitch! That is truly a special honor to be nominated by such a meaningful person and friend. And that is why I feel deeply honored of being nominated by you, Mitch! Thank you so very much and of course, I accept! 😊💖
    The movie is called “Over-The-Rhine”? I live right next to the river Rhine.

• mitchteemley says:

How cool, Erika! My film’s story takes place in Over-the-Rhine, a section of Cincinnati, Ohio, originally settled by German immigrants who lived on the opposite side of a canal (sadly, no longer there). They used to say they crossed “over the Rhine” to go to work each day.

• Erika Kind says:

Ah, that is funny! Of course I don’t live at that river Rhine but at the European one where it parts separates Switzerland from Liechtenstein. Very cool to know about the background of the title. Fingers crossed!!!

7. It’s an honor to be nominated by someone as talented and as positive as you are. Mitch! Thank you very much. 🌷

8. I do like the spirit of this award. I appreciate you very much, Mitch. You make me laugh on the darkest of days and also, illumine me.;0) Thank you for thinking of me and I will honor you by not putting this on the back burner and procrastinating until I forget what was required and become too embarrassed to ask. I think I flaked out on you before so, this time, Lord helping me, I will follow through! God bless you, Mitch for being a positive force in my life.

9. Wonderful News! Congratulations Mitch! 🙂 I pray for your production. I will be happy to watch ‘Over-the-Rhine’. I love the true stories. Best of Luck 🙂

10. jacobemet says:

Thank you, Mitch. 🙂

11. dawnlizjones says:

GREAT about your movie! I still think your commercial should have been chosen. You are MUCH appreciate.

12. badfish says:

Hey Mitch, Thanks so much for nominating me, and for the appreciation!! I feel honored. I have to warn you, though, it may take me a little while to follow through on my acceptance post!! Like you say above: “Life is messy.” And for me right now…real messy! Thanks again

13. canadaslim says:

Mitch, If there is one thing I have learnt is that appreciation does not have to be expressed to exist. I always look forward to reading your blog even if I may often forget to say “Like” or “Thank you”.

14. D. Parker says:

Congrats Mitch, and I get why you were nominated, I always appreciate the time, effort, and thought you put into your blog. 🙂
    Thank you for thinking of me, I really appreciate that as well and I’m in such good company – many familiar bloggy faces and some new to discover – thank you kindly! 🙂
    Best of luck with the film although with you I don’t think luck is needed, your faith and given talent hold the key to success. 🙂
    All the best, thank you again and hope this weekend treats you well. 🙂
    Off to share and mingle. 🙂

15. Roos Ruse says:

Hearty congratulations and heartfelt prayers for your movie production. I have faith in your talent!

16. I cannot read a more worthy nominee than you sir. A well-deserved honor – congrats.