I Am Epically Awesome

awesome-award

“I am! For reals!” as my once-small and adorable, now big and adorable, daughters used to say. But don’t take my word for it. I was nominated for the Epically Awesome Award for Epic Awesomeness by that all around prince-of-a-fellow Charles French. Click here to visit Charles’s blog and see just how eminently qualified he is to dole out this honor!

Rules for Receiving the Award

1. Tell us why you are awesome
  2. Tell us about some other friends
  3. Be creative
  4. Let yourself run wild
  5. Thank the blogger who nominated you (see above)
  6. List your Nominees and notify them (see below)

My Awesome Answers

1. I am awesome because this is the 21st century and in the 21st century one becomes awesome by announcing on the internet that one is awesome. (It was easier in the 20th century when all you had to do was have cards printed.)
  2. In addition to Charles, I have other awesome friends like: my wife, my aforementioned daughters, former president Ronald Reagan, innumerable persons of the non-human persuasion, Princess Leia’s mom, and the world’s best-selling Author!
  3. I am being mind-bendingly creative right now, it’s just that you can’t see it. Just as well, perhaps. Some of my creative spells are rather disturbing.
  4. I use a notepad to run wild, but sometimes I run out of space:

Running out of Space

See.

My Nominees

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Mitchellaneous and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to I Am Epically Awesome

1. Erika Kind says:

My congratulations to this epically awesome award, Mitch 😀

2. Roo's Ruse says:

Best. Acceptance. Ever. You seem epically awesome to me. Congratulations!

3. Oh. My. Gosh. I love your running out of space doodle! Just cracked me up, lol!! 😃 And you *are* awesome – so deserve this award! Keep up the awesomeness (for reals)! 😜
    ~ Kat

4. In 1984 I sneaked past Secret Service and met Reagan. Does that mean I am at least partially awesome too?

5. Congratulation Mitch ! You are truly awesome 🙂 and funny

6. dawnlizjones says:

Epically awesome?? Well, shoot. I could’ve told you that!! (And come to think of it, I just did!)

7. badfish says:

Gotta say… that was the best, and therefore, epically awesome response/acceptance of an award I’ve ever seen! Fun and funny.

8. Nitin says:

Congrats Mitch. You deserve it. 🙂

9. r_prab says:

“I am awesome because this is the 21st century and in the 21st century one becomes awesome by announcing on the internet that one is awesome.”
    Oh yes! Mitch sir,you indeed are epically awesome! : D

10. Awesome post, congrats…love your acceptance speech…a typical Mitch awesomeness!

11. Pingback: The Sunshine Blogger Award | Dancing with Mosquitoes

12. JV says:

You nominated me??? WOW!

Congratulations btw

13. mitchteemley says:

Reblogged this on Mitch Teemley and commented:

Uber-busy today, so I’m humbly re-posting this old hymn to my own universally recognized awesomeness.