LinkedIn

linkedin-logo_1The place where people you don’t know endorse you for skills you don’t have.

This entry was posted in Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to LinkedIn

1. Jay says:

I have never understood nor subscribed to this site. I find it weird.

2. Amusing, I can hardly get people I DO know to endorse me for the skills I have. Maybe I need more people I don’t know 😛 But I’ve recently set mine up so, could take some time. I put off getting one because I found it kind of too corporate which I’m not really a part of, but I can see the potential benefits. And it helps me (someone typically more introverted) get comfortable with networking which I can then apply in *gasp* real world scenarios.

3. I have the same problem, Mitch. So there it sits, my Linked in account. Un-Linked in and gathering webs and dust. Cough, cough.

4. thefeatheredsleep says:

Hahaha!!! Love it!!! Yes! Yes! Gave me a much needed chuckle! Thank you Mitch.

5. Terri says:

I am not really sure how I wound up at your blog but glad I did! This made me laugh because just yesterday I received an email saying that someone I did not know had endorsed me on Linkedin for a skill I did not know I have! To be honest I had even forgotten I have a Linkedin profile and if I could remember my password I would probably delete it. 🙂

6. Lucie says:

I don’t understand the stupid site at “tall”, but the Princess has used it and has been quite successful with it…guess like everything, there’s an “art to its usage”…… 🙂

• mitchteemley says:

Indeed. I’m sure I could probably get more out of it, but never find time to crack the code.

• Lucie says:

She spent alot of time loooking for work a short time ago andLind

• Lucie says:

Hm…where’s my reponse????anyway, like i was saying…she used it quite often when looking for work…got insights for using it from the actual developer who happens to be out here when he was a guest speaker at one of her classes….I don’t know what it’s good for, but it has helped alot of people connect for job interviews, etc. You’re right,though….takes time to figure it out….I’ll ask the Princesss if she has any suggestions for you!

7. tczumwalt says:

Well said, to the point, and accurate. I have used LinkedIn occasionally, but you are correct. I’ll find myself endorsed for a skill I had no idea I had. Guess I’m a cat burglar now.

8. Lucie says:

Mitch, I went to send you a private email and “shared your post” with my email!!! Anyway, the Princess told me to ask you how (specifically) you wished to use LinkedIn???? She may be able to give you some suggestions….my email:lifeinluciesshoes@gmail.com