Exposing the Truth

Wish it wasn’t, but this is a true story. A high school friend named Joe and I used to argue constantly. We had Gym class together, and one day we argued all the way to the showers and back to our lockers. We continued to argue as we toweled off and headed for the exit, tossing our towels in the bin and walking out onto campus, still arguing…

412xNxtwo_girls_pointing_laughing_6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Rx3RvAbPFm76And then the laughter began. We looked around. For some reason people were laughing at us. Then we looked down and discovered…

We’d left the gym naked.

The next day I changed my name and moved to Tibet. (OK, that part’s not true. I only wished it was.)

~From How to Add Humor (for Writers, Teachers, Speakers) – Part Three

This entry was posted in Humor, Mitchellaneous and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Exposing the Truth

1. Heather says:

Oops!

I guess the naked truth can be quite humbling at times. 🙂

2. Erika Kind says:

Hahah… I can’t believe it. That really happened. How angry must you have been that BOTH of you forgot to dress up. That’s too funny!

3. LOL! I’ve dreamed about doing something like that but, thank you Jesus!, I never had to live it! God must have found some useful purpose for this in your life. I know somehow, He worked it to your good! So…and the moral of the story would be? Or, how can I apply this to MY life? I’m human and somehow, I have to make it about me…wait, is that the moral?;0)

• mitchteemley says:

There was actually quite a lesson in the experience, Pam. I’ll talk about that in a different context sometime.

• Well, there is a story about Einstein being so lost in thought that he once, walked around in public with no pants…which causes me to apply the idea of self-involvement to the instance you relate. However, the title is Exposing the Truth, and that makes me think of the Garden of Eden and their attempt to hide their nudity from God. So…Mitch…you’ve got me thinking! Don’t keep me waiting too long!:0)

4. shubhada says:

Oh boy!! That sounds too bad :O 😛

5. Not to worry Mitch, my birthday suit is providing a lot of laughs these days. 😀

6. Lol ! If it happens today, the girls will take your pictures with smartphone and post on social media 🙂

7. jacobemet says:

Hats off to your vulnerability. There’s a paradoxical power in that.

YIKES!! If that happened to me, I’d have become a hermit immediately. Kudos to you for your humility and COURAGE in returning to school the next day, and sharing about it years later!