So my friend Author Erika Kind nominated me for the Freestyle Writing Challenge! Woo-hoo! Yay! What? Thank you, Erika, for honoring me and/or cooking my goose (possibly both). Erika is a glass-is-half-full sort of girl who generates more positive energy than the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland. Don’t believe me? Skip that can of Red Bull and visit her blog!
Here are the rules I’m supposed to follow:
1. Open a blank Document
2. Set a stop watch or mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post – DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds!
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. of words = ____” to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame
8. Copy and paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy/paste these rules along with your nomination (at least 5 bloggers)
And here’s the topic Erika assigned me:
Where I Live
This is totally stream of consciousness. Heck I’m not eben alloweg to correcg the spelking. The topic is: Where I Live.
I live in a two story brick house in Cincinnati, Ohio, as opposed to, say, Cincinnati, France. Which is funny because, at first we thought of moving to Paris, France. But then we said, “Nah, let’s move someplace romantic!” We wanted the house in It’s a Wonderful Life. Instead we got the one from Leave it to Beaver.
Cincinnati is a world unto itself. Cincinnatians seldom refer to Ohio, the state they’re theoretically a part of. They have their own culture, rooted in German Catholic beer brewing chili eating Reds game attending Ohio River staring over at Kentucky-ing…running out of time…ness. The End. Your friend Mitchell 3rd Grade. Mrs. Schimdt’s class. Amen. Hallelujia. The End some more.
Word count: 137
Time: 5 minutes
Now, here are my victims, um, I mean Nominees:
Please scroll down for your topic only when you are ready to begin writing!!!
The Moment That Changed My Life
DING…writers, start your fingers!