Author Erika Kind has good feelings about me. Please don’t blame her for this lapse in judgment–she and I only recently started following one another’s blogs and she doesn’t know the real me yet. In fact, she thinks so well of me that she nominated me for The Creative Blogger Award!
I’m honored! Not just because it’s nice to know someone/anyone thinks well of me, but because, in this case, I’ve been labelled “creative” by a vivacious young Austrian author/singer (please refrain from launching into “The hills are alive…”) who is herself a bundle of creative, positive energy. Check out her blog site!
I am honor-bound by Creative Blogger Award Rules to:
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you — Done, gladly, with bells on! (Did that sound gay? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)
- Share 5 Facts About Yourself to your readers — See below
- Nominate other blogs and notify nominees — See below
- Tell the nominees these rules — See, um, these Rules — right here — no, stop, you’ve gone too far to the–oh, never mind!
Five (Random) Facts About
Despite an obsession with big meaning-of-life topics, I lace nearly everything I write with humor. I could say this is because it puts people off their guard and helps them to be more receptive, because it does–to paraphrase another Julie Andrews song: “Just a spoonful of humor helps the medicine go down…” (Did that sound gay?) But, really, it’s just a thing I do.
I have a secret love (other than writing or filmmaking): Music. Have been writing and playing since my teenage band days, and once won a national talent search; it was the American Idol of the I’ll-Never-Tell-You-What decade. My current outlet is creating music for my films.
I hate killing things. Not just, like, you know, my neighbors (haven’t killed one in years), but anything–spiders, centipedes, moths–and always carry them (alive) outside whenever possible. I once ran over a rabbit and wept for an hour.
I have a dentist appointment in one hour and am hurrying to come up with one final thing. It’s the first time I’ve seen a dentist in–well, OK, I’ve spotted a few in public, but it’s the first time I’ve seen a dentist on purpose–since Hoover was president.
And My Nominees Are…
Some of my newer discoveries–check them out!
- Sean Patrick Whiteley – wildly inventive storyteller and poet
- The Twenty-First Rows – new blog by a smart, creative, spiritual young woman
- Karina’s Thought – inspirational
- YadaDarcyYada – honest, topical, witty
- Charles French – writes, writes about writing
- ErrinSpelling – witty, topical modern haiku
- Nancy Ruegg – inspirational
- Poems & Poemes – French poet who also writes in English
- Life in Lucie’s Shoes – earthy, witty New York transplant in trendy California
- Where Grace Abounds – inspirational
- Divorce With Me – recovering ex moving on with humor and spunk
- The Finder’s Saga – Victorian steampunk sci-fi novel – addictive storytelling