Welcome to Church: No Luggage Required!

No Luggage-thumb2

See video below.

I first set foot inside a church (on purpose) on Easter Sunday 40 years ago.

I was full of uncertainty.

About what I believed.

About whether I really wanted to be there.

And about how to behave:*

• Would I have the wrong views?
  • Would I have the wrong background?
  • Would I have the wrong version of the Bible?
  • Would I use the wrong lingo?  (I didn’t speak “Christianese”)

In other words: I was dragging a lot of “luggage” with me!

No Luggage-thumb2My guess is many church visitors are carrying this kind of luggage.  So I wrote a Saturday Night Live-style comedy sketch for church drama teams. If you’re interested in reading the script or performing it, click here. But wait–

I also made a video. To watch it, click on the image below:

No Luggage-thumb1

May your first (on-purpose) visit to church be a beautiful, luggage-free experience!

*As I admitted in my first blog post, behaving properly has never been my strong suit.

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Videos and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Welcome to Church: No Luggage Required!

1. Heather says:

This really blessed my soc…Uh, I mean, thanks for sharing your video!

2. den169 says:

Love your creativity and wit!

3. gw says:

I still carry my passport when visiting a new church…just in case.

Kudos to every person who fights against the fear of not fitting in and attends church anyway. Looks like this couple has found a warm and friendly place to worship!

5. mitchteemley says:

Reblogged this on Mitch Teemley and commented:

Hey, all, I’m busy with pre-production on my new film. Here’s a previous post and VIDEO you may have missed.

6. Reenu Jerath says:

I liked the way you conveyed the message so beautifully in this short video.