World Views “Glass-ified”

half-empty-glass

A Comprehensive Glass-ification of World Views

  • Optimist – The glass is ½ full
  • Pessimist – The glass is ½ empty
  • Darwin – The glass appeared at random and without cause. It belongs to whoever can kill the others and drink it first
  • Nietzche – The glass is dead!
  • Freud – Women suffer from glass envy. Men want to kill the glass and marry their mothers
  • Roman Catholic – You must be sprinkled from the glass as a baby
  • Baptist – No! You must be fully immersed in the glass as an adult!
  • Jewish – First you’ll have your glass-mitzvah, then you’ll marry a nice girl and become a doctor
  • New Ager – In a former life I was Cleopatra’s glass. You are the glass, I am the glass, we’re all the glass (only maybe me a little more than you)
  • Jedi – Trust the glass, Luke
  • Democrat –We must siphon off the top 1% of the glass to fill the bottom 99%
  • Republican – If we fill the top 1% first, it will trickle down to the other 99%
  • Communist – Glass warfare! Drinkers of the world unite! Arise and overthrow the pour-geoisie!
  • Rolling Stones – “I can’t get no glassifaction. I can’t get no drinky action”
  • Jimi Hendrix – “S’cuse me while I kiss this glass”
  • Devo – “You must drink it – drink it good”
  • Katy Perry – “I kissed a glass and I liked it!”
  • Taylor Swift – “Me and the glass are never, ever, ever getting back together!”
  • Kanye West “I am the glass!”
  • Dr. Seuss – Your glass is two sizes too small

What Glass-ified World Views would you add to the list?

About mitchteemley

Writer, Filmmaker, Humorist, Thinker-about-stuffer
This entry was posted in Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to World Views “Glass-ified”

  1. John S says:

    OK Mitch you hooked me * Jail Chaplain- In the jail, I would not recommend drinking it regardless if it is half full or empty.

    Like

  2. Dammit! I can’t think of one!

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Pingback: How to be Happy: A Message from the Dryer Fairy | Mitch Teemley

  4. mitchteemley says:

    Reblogged this on Mitch Teemley and commented:

    How would you “Glass-ify” your world view?

    Like

  5. Semra Polat says:

    Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things…Surat An-Nur [24:35]

    Like

  6. Loved Freud and Dr. Seuss. 😀

    Liked by 2 people

  7. dorothymaydekok says:

    Hemingway: Barman, I asked for WHISKEY and water.

    Liked by 1 person

  8. dorothymaydekok says:

    Optimistic fundamentalist: my cup runneth over.

    Liked by 1 person

  9. dorothymaydekok says:

    Mathematician: if a plus b equals . .

    Like

  10. dorothymaydekok says:

    Hamlet: Is this a glass I see before me?

    Liked by 1 person

  11. dorothymaydekok says:

    An old and incontinent Hamlet: To pee or not to pee . . .

    Liked by 2 people

  12. dorothymaydekok says:

    Teenager: Whatever

    Like

  13. dorothymaydekok says:

    Mary: Son, do something.

    Like

  14. dorothymaydekok says:

    Martha Stewart: Then you trim the the rose stems . , .

    Like

  15. dorothymaydekok says:

    That’s all, folks. I’ve worked up thirst. 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

  16. Nancy Ruegg says:

    So much cleverness in one place. I can see this creative pursuit of glass-ifieds catching on like Swifties did a while back!

    Liked by 2 people

  17. Reblogged this on ckbooksblog and commented:
    Funny

    Like

  18. Pingback: Things I have read on the internet – 7 | clydeherrin

  19. Pingback: How to be Happy | Mitch Teemley

  20. Pingback: Don’t Follow Your Dreams | Mitch Teemley

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s